Melissa Takes A Picture

Gear talk from a first-time owner of a DSLR. Photography talk. Talk about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focal length, Photoshop, etc. My photography instructor warned us that people steal your images and claim them as their own without a thought. Please don't do that, 'kay?

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wish List

I need to stop reading about photography gear.  It just makes me long for more, more, more.  So I'm starting a wish list.  This is it, and I'll keep updating as I go.


  • Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM Auto Focus Wide Angle Telephoto Zoom Lens.  I waver back and forth about this one and the 24-70mm because this has image stabilization and the other one doesn't but the other one is f/2.8 and this one is f/4.  The IS is supposed to give you an extra two stops, but I don't know.  The photos from each blow me away.  The other one is known for being the lens, but it is also quite heavy, well over two pounds!  I can't make up my mind, so I'm waiting to see what type of photography I will do once I get to the learning level I want.  That should help make it clearer to me.
  • High-speed memory card for RAW photos.  I didn't even know I needed this.  I've been shooting in raw for a whole week and WTF, I discover that I need what I didn't even know existed.   But considering it's only 8 GB and RAW takes up a lot more room than JPEGs, I'm in trouble as to how many of these things I need.  Shit.
  • Bokeh by Alien Skin.  This software plug-in for PhotoShop and Elements.  This is the effect that I try to create both with my camera and my software.  Not only would it turn me into the world's greatest photographer, but I'm convinced it will also allow me to eat whatever I want and yet still achieve a size 0.  It's that good.
  • My dream machine, a Canon 5D Mark II.  I would say more than just the name, but this camera requires a moment of silence.


More as I explore the world of things I never knew existed, yet suddenly I can't live without.  It's an addiction, folks.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog