SOOC, do you know what that means? It means Straight Out Of the Camera, meaning no PhotoShop or other brand of trickery. The photos posted below are SOOC, as is the kiwi above, taken with no PP (post processing) with the exception of cropping and appear as they were taken, straight out of the camera (SOOC). Not bad, huh?
I am not at all opposed to PhotoShop for post processing. Clearly, as I have both PhotoShop CS4 Extended and PhotoShop Elements 8. I am learning how to do all of that right along with learning how to take pictures. But I want to learn how to get the photo without having to rely on post processing. I want to use post processing to remove telephone lines from the background of a great shot, not to fix errors of poor use of my camera. Photography is a great skill to develop, and I want to study and learn the knowledge to take a great shot using a camera, not the computer. Does that make sense? Anyway, as I start to post more photos, I will post both the before and after shots when I use PPing, along with a brief explanation of what I did to get there.
I'm hoping to get lots of great photos today. We are going to the Arizona Renaissance Festival in full costume, all three of us! I can't wait! Stay tuned for photos.
Melissa Takes A Picture
Gear talk from a first-time owner of a DSLR. Photography talk. Talk about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focal length, Photoshop, etc. My photography instructor warned us that people steal your images and claim them as their own without a thought. Please don't do that, 'kay?
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great posts, I love the photos!
Post a Comment